Foreign Accounts Compliance

Why You Need an Attorney in Charge of Your Foreign Accounts Compliance Case

Accountants commonly send an “organizer” to a client with instructions to complete and sign it and return it to the ...
Read More

Required Reporting of Foreign Financial Accounts

U.S. persons are required to report to the United States government concerning foreign financial accounts. A “U.S. person” is a ...
Read More

Shareholders in Closely-Held Foreign Corporations: Beware Form 5471

A U.S. taxpayer whose interest in a closely-held foreign corporation meets a specified threshold must file Form 5471, Information Return ...
Read More

Mysterious Form 926

The United States taxes its citizens and residents on their worldwide income.  The Internal Revenue Service requires the filing of ...
Read More